We are in need of assistance with administrative and accounting duties for Cor and our sister companies. Our books are current and in good order. An expansion will result in the addition of multiple businesses under one umbrella entity, so the ideal candidate will be capable of being responsible for all accounting areas of all companies. It is essential this candidate brings analytical and organizational skills to work efficiently with multiple, inter-related companies and clients.
This individual will handle the company’s books and financial accounts, ensuring the books continue to be kept in good order and compliant with GAAP standards, client accounts tracked, expenses monitored, and financial accounts maintained. They will track all paperwork needs, such as required filings and compliance measures, and ensure the companies remain in good standing. They will coordinate the signing and filing of client contracts, employee paperwork, and partner agreements. They will coordinate pricing for materials and services, track expenses, and conduct billing/invoicing. They will be in charge of accounts receivable, coordinating with the Cor team member(s) managing each account to accommodate individual needs and relationships with each client. They will handle accounts payable, tracking expenditures and projecting future expenses. They will work closely with leadership and provide regular reports on account status and the financial health of the companies. They may also be tasked with handling payroll for the companies. Should this individual be capable and willing, they may also be trained to assist with election financial disclosure at the state and/or federal level.
Individuals in this role must have a documented ability to manage accounts and finances. Attention to detail, a strong grasp of numbers, and highly proficient skills in accounting software (QuickBooks) and Excel are absolute musts. The ideal candidate for this position is detailed, precise, accurate, direct, thorough, and focused. They must be knowledgeable but ready to research and learn when additional information or skills are required to accomplish a task. They will need flexibility to adopt or develop new procedures to meet unique, industry-specific challenges. They must have the ability to multi-task, handle multiple responsibilities at the same time, and adapt in a cyclical and highly fluid work environment. They must embrace challenges and have the ability to set ambitious goals and deliver results. Candidates must hold center-right political beliefs and be located in (or able/willing to travel to) the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations
- Highly Involved Job Cost Tracking
- Journal Entries
- Month-End Close
- Payroll & Health Insurance (Working with External Payroll Company & Insurance Broker)
- Preparation and Distribution of Financial Statements with Support Schedules on a Pre-Determined Date
- Set-Up and Management of Companies in QuickBooks
- Set-Up and Maintenance of Corporations with Illinois Secretary of State and IRS
- Timely and Accurate Preparation of Financial Accounting Data
- Understanding and Ensuring Accuracy of All Financial Reporting Activity (in Consultation with Leadership)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience in Accounting or Finances
- Minimum 3 Years of Experience in All Accounting Areas
- Highly Proficient in 2018/2019 QuickBooks Desktop Premier and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent Attention to Detail, Understanding of GAAP Accounting and Finances, and Financial Responsibility
- Detailed, Precise, Accurate, Direct, Thorough, and Focused
- Self-Starter with Ability to Work Independently and as Part of a Team
- Trustworthy and Ability to Respect Confidentiality and Work with Discretion
- Demonstrable Republican or Conservative Political Experience in Any U.S. Jurisdiction
- A Desire to Learn and an Interest in Continued Involvement in Center-Right Politics
- A Strong Commitment to Cor’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, and Clients
- A Passion for the Opportunity and Field as Well as an Interest in Growing with an Innovative Company
- Located in (or Able/Willing to Travel to) the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago
Position Compensation & Benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and responsibilities. Cor provides health insurance benefits, a flexible work schedule, and rapid advancement opportunities.
Send a cover letter, resume, three references, and links to your social media profiles to [email protected]. Phone calls will not be accepted.